IRT truck patrols two counties, plus, here
The in basket: At this year's Puyallup Fair, I stopped and talked with Richard, who has what seems like an...
- Changes afoot at Shelton airport
- Signal replacement at Lebo & Old Wheaton questioned
Both Klahowya and North Kitsap drop one spot in volleyball
The Klahowya Eagles and North Kitsap Vikings each dropped a spot in the Washington State Coaches poll, despite not losing...
- Big week coming up for volleyball teams
- Updates from under Friday night lights
Amusing Monday: Fascinating videos score high in E360
Last month, “Yale Environment 360” announced the winners of a video contest with a focus on environmental themes. I found...
- Taking a moment for reflection, but I’m not saying good-bye
- Unmanned aircraft provides unique views of killer whales
Tough road ahead for Hawks, Dawgs & links
OK, maybe we let our heart get in the way our our brains last week. I didn't pick the Washington...
- Harvin, Ducks, Dawgs, Villopoto & more
- Troy Kelly starts 2014-15 PGA season with 1-under 71
They called him Lee: The glorious life and strange death of Leon
1961-2014 The life of Leon Shaw, who died Sept. 14, was larger than most, and if there is a...
- The neighbor from Hell
- Is there more or less mayhem in Kitsap when the Seahawks are playing?
State boosts fall trout levels in Washington lakes
The state Dept. of Fish & Wildlife is releasing what they're calling a "torrent" of trout in Western Washington...
- VIDEO: ‘Boys in the Boat’ rowing to gold in Berlin
- Dungeness River fishing opener delayed
Bremerton YMCA second at Fall Festival, Haselwood team
The Bremerton YMCA Swim Team, which found itself without a home pool while the Jarstad Aquatic Center was being remodeled...
- USA Swimming comes down hard on Michael Phelps — as it should
- Former Islander Williams commits to Stanford
Bainbridge Island police blotter, Oct. 8
The following items were taken from Bainbridge Island Police Department incident reports by reporter Ethan Fowler. For more blotter, visit bainbridgeislander.com and...
- Bainbridge Island police blotter, Oct. 1
- Fire Commissioners to determine whether to place facilities levy at Oct. 9 meeting
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all
that is in her – and dads fight too.
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all that is in her...
- Harrison Medical Center, Better Breathers offers main speaker, John Gonsoulin MD, MPH PLLC – today!
- One Face of MRSA, Resistance Bug, in Kitsap County
Missing Robin Williams
Like so many others, I was saddened by the death of Robin Williams. His roles brought such laughter and such...
- Microaggressions and More at the Olympic College’s Diversity Conference
- Olympic College’s Regional Diversity Conference
2014 Primary Election Candidate Forums for Kitsap County
It's time again for the Primary Candidate Forums for Kitsap County so mark your calendars. All of the forums will...
- Sun Article Features Bev Cobain and League’s Saturday Forum
- Early Learning in Bremerton and the State of Washington
Terrific tides, a cruel crustacean and a smooth operator
A girl scout holds one of the many fried-egg jellies (Phacellophora camtschatica), large and small, that we found beached or...
- Worm your way into being a Beach Naturalist
- Swollen seas and a Tolkien tide
Arnold’s ‘Fat Kid’ film makes another festival stop
The indie film “Fat Kid Rules the World,” which co-stars Bainbridge Island’s Dylan Arnold, has taken an unorthodox approach to...
- ‘Summerplay’ 2012 will feature a half dozen new one-acts
- Film director Lynn Shelton visits Rose Theatre